It was such a beautiful day today, the boys thought it would be fun to let their indoor cats outside. The cats love being outside but don't know how to act! They slink way down in the grass and try to take cover, looking around for places to go. Fluff ran to the window well, an easy place to get him out. Dash ran into the drainage pipe that runs underneath our driveway! We called and called, but he would not come out. Finally, he was close enough to the edge of the pipe that I reached in to drag him out. He needed to have his paws washed as they were wet from walking in the soggy pipe bottom.
When we started to do homework, Grant was trying to memorize Psalm 27:1-9 this week. There is a verse that I thought was so applicable, "Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me." Ps 27:7 We may ask the Lord to hear our voice but are we listening to His. We may sometimes think, 'the Lord does not listen to me,' but are we listening to Him? Are we in the drainage pipe, stuck by fear, in the muck from the last storm? Do we go to His voice when He calls or do we run away?
I have a friend that is listening. Even though she is not excited to hear what the message is telling her, she is listening. She is not stuck in the drainage pipe, but taking bold steps in Him.
I am learning....only by grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment